School Site Council is the decision-making council for Title 1 programs operated at the school to improve student achievement. The SSC shall develop and approve the Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA) in consultation with all stakeholders (with the review, certification and advice of any applicable school advisory committee, including, the English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC).
Roles/Responsibilities of School Site Council Include:
- Development of a comprehensive Single Plan for Student Achievement and ensuring that the school is continually engaged in identifying and implementing curriculum and instructional practices.
- Allocating Title 1 funds
English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC):
Roles/Responsibilities of ELAC include:
- Advising the School Site Council (SSC) on the development of the Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA), especially those sections related to English Learners
- Assisting in the development of the school’s needs assessment and language census
- Making efforts to make parents aware of the importance of regular school attendance.
- Advising the principal and staff on the school’s program for English Learners.
- Advising in the development of and approval of the school’s Title III and Economic Impact Aid-Limited English Proficient (EIA-LEP) budgets.
- Bell schedules
- Minimum and shortened days
- Special events/activites
- Student discipiline
- Staff professional development